I love to write about cultural and social norms. What is right or what's wrong?
1. Crazy Halloween – Make your student section look like a scene from a horror movie with costumes and props that are both spooky and creative.
2. Winter Wonderland – Bring the winter season to life in your stadium with festive decorations and snow-themed gear.
3. Spirit Week – Show your school spirit all week long with different themes each day of the week leading up to the big game.
4. Beach Party – Turn your student section into a beach bash complete with Hawaiian leis, sunglasses, and swimwear.
5. Superheroes – Unite as your favorite superheroes (or villains!) for a student section that's both powerful and popular.
6. Star Wars – Let the force be with you as you dress up as your favorite characters from a galaxy far, far away.
7. Disney – All aboard the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse express! Show your love for all things Disney with costumes and decorations that will make even Walt himself proud.
8. Festive – Spread holiday cheer at the game with seasonally-appropriate gear and decorations.
9. School Colors – It's the most basic (and important) rule of being a fan: show your school colors! Wear them loud and proud in your student section.
10. Mascot Mania – Got a school mascot? Make it the star of the show in your student section with creative costumes and props.
11. Tailgate Theme – Can't get enough of tailgating? Bring the party into the stadium with a tailgate-themed student section.
12. Sports History – Pay homage to your favorite teams of yesteryear with vintage gear and throwback decorations.
13. Crazy Hair – Let your hair down (literally) for a student section that's both fun and festive.
14. Opposing Team Colors – Show your school spirit by donning the colors of your team's biggest rivals. It'll be sure to get under their skin!
15. Neon - Light up the night with neon colors galore in your student section. Take things to the next level with glow in the dark gear and decorations. It'll be an unforgettable experience for everyone involved.
16. Red, White and Blue - Show your patriotic side with an All-American themed student section. Wave flags, sing the national anthem, and dress in red, white and blue from head to toe.
17. All Black or All White - Go for a more subdued look with an all black student section. It's sleek, classy and sure to intimidate the opposing team.
18. Plaid - Give your student section some school spirit with a plaid theme. Have everyone wear their favorite plaid flannel shirts and accessorize with kilts, scarves and beanies.
19. Tie-Dye - Go retro with a tie-dye student section theme. It's the perfect way to show your school colors in a fun and festive way.
20. Pajama Party - Comfy AND stylish? Sign us up! Have everyone dress in their coziest pajamas for a student section that's sure to be a hit.
21. Wacky Tacky - The more outrageous, the better! Encourage everyone in your student section to dress in the craziest, tackiest clothes they can find.
22. Formal Attire - Ditch the jeans and t-shirts for a student section that's all dressed up. Have everyone wear their best dresses, suits and ties for a look that's both stylish and school spirited.
23. Crazy Socks - Put your own spin on the formal attire theme with crazy socks! Have everyone break out their craziest, most colorful socks to show their school spirit.
24. High Vis Tops - Dress to be seen with high visibility gear in your student section. Whether you go for neon or reflective, make sure you're visible and stylish.
25. Togas - Transform your student section into ancient Greece with togas! It's the perfect way to show your school spirit while staying cool and comfortable.
26. Camo - Who said that? Was it you? Step out of the shadows and show your school spirit with a student section decked out in camo.
27. Galaxy - Explore the infinite possibilities of space with a galaxy-themed student section. It's out of this world!
28. Famous Duos - Get creative and dress up as your favorite pairs, from peanut butter and jelly to Batman and Robin.
29. Villains - Show your dark side with a student section inspired by your favorite villains. It'll be sure to strike fear into the hearts of your opponents.
30. Heroes - Be the hero your student section needs with a superhero-themed student section. Come prepared with capes, masks and all of your best heroic gear.
31. Jungle - It's time to get wild! Transform your student section into a jungle with animal prints, foliage and more.
32. Winter Wonderland - Bring the beauty of winter into the stadium with a student section that celebrates all things cold weather. From snowflakes to icicles, let your imagination run wild.
33. Candyland - It's time to indulge! Transform your student section into a veritable candyland with sweet treats and colorful decorations.
34. Zoo - Get wild with a student section that celebrates all things animals. Have everyone dress up as their favorite creatures, from monkeys to elephants.
35. Circus - It's time to put on a show! Transform your student section into a circus, complete with clowns, jugglers and more.
36. Pirates - Arrrr mateys! Show your school spirit with a student section that celebrates all things pirates. From skull and crossbones to eye patches, you'll be sure to stand out from the crowd.
37. Nautical - All hands on deck! Transform your student section into a nautical wonderland with maritime-themed decorations and attire.
38. Fairytale - Once upon a time... There's no need for a happily ever after with a student section that celebrates all things fairytale. From princesses to dragons, let your imagination run wild.
39. Hollywood - Lights, camera, action! Transform your student section into a Hollywood-style movie set with movie-themed decorations and attire.
40. TV Land - Tune in for a student section that celebrates all things television. From classic shows to current favorites, there's sure to be something for everyone.
41. Home Appliances - you could come dressed up as every day appliances, from wifi routers to table lamps.
Tips to Make a Student Section Theme Work
1. Get creative! The sky's the limit when it comes to student section themes. If you can dream it, you can probably do it.
2. Make sure your theme is school appropriate. Remember, this is still a school event.
3. Have fun with it! A student section is supposed to be a fun and spirited way to support your team. Don't take it too seriously.
4. Get everyone involved. The more, the merrier!
5. Be creative with your attire. You don't have to stick to traditional clothing items. Think outside the box and get creative with your wardrobe.
6. Show your school spirit! A student section is all about school pride. Make sure your theme reflects that.
7. Be respectful. Remember, you're representing your school. Be respectful of other teams, fans and officials.
8. Have a plan. A student section can get chaotic quickly if it's not well organized. Make sure you have a plan for your theme and stick to it.
9. Keep it clean. This is a family event, so make sure your theme is appropriate for all ages.
10. Have fun! A student section is supposed to be a fun way to support your team. Make sure you enjoy yourself and don't take it too seriously.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Elin Beck