Writing is one of my several hobbies, and lists like the one below help me with writer's block every now and again.
Cool Nicknames for Fighters Who Kick Butt
If you're a professional fighter or a fighter wanting to turn professional, then choosing a good fighting nickname should be a priority if promoting a certain image is high on your list. Even if you want to remain a "low key" fighter who lets their win-loss record speak for itself, having a cool nickname will keep others from giving you one themselves, which is something you want to avoid if you can.
No matter what fighting sport you're involved in, the question of "should I have a fighter nickname?" always seems to come up sooner or later. It doesn't matter if you're a boxer about to break to the upside, an MMA warrior who makes their living inside a cage or a wrestler in it to become one of the greatest entertainers the world has ever seen, there comes a point where all of them at least thinks about a nickname at some point in their careers. If you're going to give yourself one, it's probably better to do it earlier in your career than in the middle or latter years, and hopefully the list of fighter names below will give you some ideas. Thanks for giving it a chance.
Fighter Nicknames for Guys
Fighter Nicknames for Girls
Lady from 8 Mile
Rose of the Desert
Chuck Norris's Nickname Is... Chuck
Chuck's real name is actually Carlos Ray Norris. He didn't get the nickname Chuck (after Ground Chuck) until he was in the Air Force, which is where he also got involved in martial arts.
Cool Nicknames for MMA Fighters
Titan of Texas
Queen of Venus
Tormentor of Champions
Place of Chaos
Tips For Coming Up With Cool Fighter Nicknames
- Putting "the" in front of a word or word combo sounds good in some cases and not in others, so experiment by saying them out loud.
- Be very careful about using the same nickname as someone else, especially if they are very well known or still fighting professionally.
- Men using nicknames more commonly used for women and vice-versa is a way to be different, though you may be a target until you can prove you're a good fighter.
- Some nicknames sound better before your whole name, while others sound better in between your first and last name.
- There are some fighting sports where a fighter's real name isn't used at all (wrestling). Find out the rules for the sport, and say aloud to see what works.
Cool Wrestling Names
Gold Medal Godfather
Millionaire From Over There
Creep from the Deep
Eye of the Storm
How About A Little Kumite?
This is a really great eighties fighting movie that pits all types of fighting styles against one another. Though these types of informal tournaments had been held in real life from time to time, I like to think that the people who came up with the Ultimate Fighting Championship in 1993 at least got a little inspiration from this flick. Most fighters (and non-fighters) love this movie.
Name Ideas for Fighters of All Disciplines
- Bad Mood: A pretty self-explanatory name, but great for a fighter who's always in one.
- Great Python: A really great nickname for a fighter who likes to use the bear hug as his or her finishing move.
- Not Today: How about a fighter who shouts that phrase out when in trouble and comes back to win the fight in the end?
- Razor: A boxer whose punches cause cuts above the eyes quite often.
- Stomp: An MMA fighter who uses the foot stomp as an attack when their opponents are down.
- Surasa: This name is after a Hindu goddess who is known as "Mother of Serpents".
- Twister: A UFC fighter who has a really good ground and submission game.
- Wet Paint: Touch this fighter and you'll be marked for a while.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
— "The Little Dragon" Bruce Lee
Fighter Nicknames for Boxers
Gas Can Man
Die Another Day
Cold As Ice
Muhammad Ali's Nickname - The Greatest
I didn't really grow up in a time to really appreciate Ali during his boxing career, but every interview and fight I've seen has been very entertaining. A really great personality roadmap for fighters interested in expanding beyond their fighting career.
More Awesome Nickname Ideas for Fighters
Sunglasses at Night
Wizard of Odds
Greatest Nicknames in Boxing History
- DaVarryl "Touch of Sleep" Williamson
- Eric "Butterbean" Esche
- James "Bonecrusher" Smith
- James "Lights Out" Toney
- "Marvelous" Marvin Hagler
- Oliver "The Atomic Bull" McCall
- Roman "Made in Hell" Karmazin
- Samuel "The Nigerian Nightmare" Peter
- "The Easton Assassin" Larry Holmes
- "The Explosive Thin Man" Alexis Arguello
- "The Rock From Brockton" Rocky Marciano
- Thomas "Motor City Cobra" Hearns
Another Batch of Fighter Names
Mother of the West
Best Nicknames in MMA
I remember the first time I ever saw UFC. I was blown away at the no holds barred fighting as every fighter wanted to prove their fighting style was best. I didn't get to see it live, but I found a VHS copy of UFC 1 at my local video rental store. It truly is amazing at how far it has come, and I wonder if it will one day overthrow boxing as the top full contact fighting sport.
Awesome Wrestling Nicknames Throughout History
- Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
- Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
- CM Punk
- Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka
- "Macho Man" Randy Savage
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
- "The 8th Wonder of the World" Andre the Giant
- "The All-American American" Jack Swagger
- "The Big Red Machine" Kane
- The Great Muta
- "The Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart
- "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
- The Undertaker
© 2022 Don