58 Inspirational Volleyball Quotes
58 Best Volleyball Quotes of All Time
If you're interested in finding quotes about volleyball, we have a treat for you! All of the very best volleyball quotes are in one place. Team quotes, volleyball sayings, and quotes to put on your pictures or t-shirts; no matter what kind of volleyball quote you're looking for, you can find it here.
1. Volleyball: Invented by men, perfected by women.
2. The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
—Vincent T. Lombardi
3. You learn you can do your best even when it's hard, even when you're tired and maybe hurting a little bit. It feels good to show some courage.
4. If you can bang, you can hang.
5. All I want out of life is that when I walk down the street folks will say, "There goes the greatest hitter that ever lived."
6. Be bold. If you are going to make an error, make a doozy, and don't be afraid to hit the ball.
—Billie Jean King
7. I bust mine so I can kick yours.
8. Rejection: blocking someone so hard that it knocks Grandma off the bleachers.
9. Give it your all on the sprawl;
Drop a pancake and keep it clean;
Find the target, put ‘em on the hook, then dish it up;
Flare and catch some air;
Check the set, bring some heat, and watch them bail!
10. Sorry, Princess, not even Cinderella could get to this ball.
11. My boyfriend told me I had to choose between him and volleyball. Big mistake. I'm really gonna miss him!
12. If volleyball was easy, it would be called football.
13. I was too pretty to be a cheerleader, so I became a volleyball player.
14. Big hits, little shorts.
15. Teamwork makes the dream work.
16. In just a few short seconds, I’m going to show down, throw down, and otherwise knock you down with a barrage of amazing spikes, blocks, and digs, and show you what volleyball is all about.
This is my court, you dig?
17. Our game is tighter than our spandex.
18. Jump set, back set, one set, two set, if setting were easy, they might let you set!!
19. Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
20. The winners in life think in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have done, would have done, and what they can’t do.
21. Don't just beat them, make a lasting impression that makes them never want to see your face again.
22. You can hit on us ...
but you can’t score.
That sweaty, expensive, time-consuming habit
—You gotta love it.
25. Your mommy called. She said you left your game at home.
26. The key is not the “will to win”—everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.
27. A good team can win a volleyball game when they are ahead, a great team can win when they are behind.
28. Don’t let the ball hit the ground without a body hitting the ground with it.
29. Bump, set, spike it—that's the way we like it.
30. Pain goes away; pride lasts forever.
31. And somehow, somewhere, there was that little girl who picked up a volleyball and fell in love with the game.
32. We’re the reason your coach makes you practice.
33. Some people say that soccer moms are crazy, but those people have never seen a volleyball mom.
34. You thought it was hard receiving my serve—wait until you see me spike it right through your hands!
35. The only thing that makes a good day better is volleyball.
36. My coach tells me to give about 75% to volleyball. If I give 100%, my serve will kill someone, and my coach doesn't want to deal with the paperwork.
37. Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. PERFECT practice makes perfect.
38. Volleyball: It’s in your heart, or it’s in your face.
39. It’s not how big you are, it’s how big you play!
40. I am so good your mom cheers for me.
41. Volleyball anchored me at a time in my life when I needed it. It gave me a reason for being this big, big girl.
42. I don’t need the glory. I don't need the fame. I don't need the spotlight. I just need the ball.
43. A hard practice makes an easy game.
44. Volleyball is life; everything else is details.
45. Somewhere behind the athlete you've become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you is a little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back—play for her.
46. Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all-time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while—you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit.
Unfortunately, so is losing.
47. It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.
—Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own
48. On beach volleyball: You touch every other ball and, if you screw up, you only have one more person to back you up. You can’t go hide in the corner.
49. I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don’t do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results.
50. Volleyball is one of the most interactive games going. It is a game of intuition, imagination, improvisation—but most of all, of reciprocity. Of teamwork. There is no way to freelance in volleyball.
51. Welcome to the block party. Prepare to be stuffed!
52. Walk into the club like, "Whatup. I got a big block."
53. There is no glory in practice, but without practice, there is no glory.
54. Be so good they can't ignore you.
55. It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
56. Volleyball rules are simple. If it is on the floor, pick it up and get it into the air. If it is in the air, keep it off the floor.
57. The will to win is more important than the skill to win. It is possible to achieve only what you actively pursue. Cogito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am. Keep your head high and work hard every day, because you'll never get that day back.
—Lloy Ball, Volleyball Hall of Fame
Other Great Volleyball Articles
- Top 10 Coolest Volleyball Shirts
A top 10 list of some of the coolest volleyball t-shirts on the market today.
- How to Ace Volleyball Tryouts
Tips from a volleyball coach on how to impress the coach and make the team at your next tryouts.
- Ask the Volleyball Coach
Ask a coach volleyball questions of any sort and get answers online.
Add Your Favorite Quotes Below!
Do you know of a volleyball quote that I haven't included here? Please add your quotes below! Let's get the best list of quotes on the Internet!