Tatiana has been an online writer for over five years. Her articles focus on everything from pet care to relationship advice.
Getting Into Fantasy Hockey
Many of us dream of coaching our own sports team—a dream that many of us don’t actually plan on following through with, of course. Lucky for all of us lazy, unambitious folk, there’s fantasy sports!
Fantasy hockey is one of the many games of fantasy out there and it involves just that, hockey. The NHL to be exact! You’ll build an entire hockey team by going through a draft, ensuring that you draft a couple of each position as well as a good defense. Then you will take your super awesome team and compete with confidence while the hockey games are airing!
Fantasy Hockey Team Names
One of the fun parts of fantasy sports is that you can choose whatever name for your team, because you’re the owner! When it comes to fantasy hockey team names, here’s a few tips:
- Actual team names: You can find ways to incorporate an actual team name into your team name if you’re some kind of toothless, diehard fan! Go Lightning!
- Player names: Likewise, you can find ways to use the names of your favorite players in your team name. Hopefully you have some of those players on your team!
- Puns: Puns are actually quite common in fantasy sports team names, and are always a great option in include! Puns can be really funny, especially in those team names that use a player’s name!
- Hockey terms: Every sport has terms they use for penalties, plays, etc. Find clever ways to use these hockey terms in your team name!a few people involved in some kind of fantasy sport. The most common fantasy sport I hear about is football, but hockey is a big one, too!
- Funny: Who said a kickass name had to be tough sounding? Picking a funny name, like the Misbehaving Musk Oxen or the Adorable Snowbunnies, will give your team character and let you show more personality in the Fantasy rink!
With these tips in mind, here are 101 example fantasy hockey team names to get you in the rink!
101+ Fantasy Hockey Team Names
|Arctic A-holes||Grumpy Goalies||Powerplayers|
H-E-Double Hockey Sticks
Army of the Arctic
Bering Sea Brawlers
Best Fantasy Hockey Team
Hot off the Ice
Black Ice Beauties
Blades of Fury
Blades of Glory
Ice Ice Baby
Sin City Snipers
Ice Road Truckers
Slice the Ice
Center Ice Skaters
Ice Town Mayors
Icees are Delicious
Icing on the Cake
Stuttering Stanley Cup
The Big Freeze
Let it Go
The Big Zamboni
Cutting the Ice
The Canadian Geezers
The Dalton Dashers
North Pole Pirates
The Mighty Ducks
The Seattle Shiverers
Penalty Box Bruisers
Frosty & Friends
Penalty Box Prisoners
Gloves Comin' Off
Pissed Off Polar Bears
If you still need help coming up with the most awesome moniker for your mean team, inspiration is easy to come by!
- Hockey movie marathon: Grab some chips and dip and a few pals and host a hockey movie marathon. My person favorites are Goon and of course, since I was a kid of the 90s, the Mighty Ducks! Hail to the Coach, Gordon Bombay!
- Watch a game: Head to the ice to watch a game for cheap in the nosebleed section, or enjoy a game or two of last year's Stanley Cup finals. Either way, watching the action firsthand is a great source of icey inspiration.
- Youtube fails: Check out some YouTube videos of hockey fails. Obviously, you want your players to be more successful than the guys featured there, but you can't argue they're funny as hell to watch!
theframjak from East Coast on October 10, 2019:
Great list! I enjoyed reading it.
Jeremy Gill from Louisiana on July 13, 2017:
Even for someone who isn't big on fantasy sports like myself, I enjoyed these entertaining names. Shaved Ice cracks me up and I'm not sure why haha. Well done!