Welcome to HowTheyPlay, the place to share and discuss your sports knowledge and playbook strategies with fellow fans and athletes. We feature articles written by tailgaters and enthusiasts such as yourself about everything in the sports world, whether it is about training advice for baseball or just ranking the best offensive linemen in football. So, if you want to compete better on the field or in your fantasy league, then you have entered the right clubhouse.
If you would like to contribute to the site, first take a look at HubPages’ editorial policy. In addition to the requirements mentioned here, we’ve listed some extra strategies below to help your article make the starting lineup.
- Insightful Commentary. We are looking for insightful sports commentary that offers meaningful information for fans and athletes. You could discuss what attributes make a great player, rank the best athletes in a particular sport, or write about the history of the biggest team rivalries.
- Personal Expertise. We very much welcome articles with training tips and strategies for various sports. Articles like these are best delivered by authors who have experience as an athlete, ideally with some coaching experience. This adds credibility to an article and ensures tried-and-tested advice. After all, armchair quarterbacks don’t win championships.
- Who Wins on Sunday? Game predictions are not strong contenders. We love to debate and make guesses as to who will win games, but these articles don’t have much impact on readers after an event has passed. This does not mean that past events are out of bounds, but rather than simply relay results in an article, you could instead comment on what made a team have a successful season or rank the best World Series games that have happened over the years.
- Who Won Last Night? We all love to talk about highlights, but articles that are just reports of game results are not strong performers. We like to leave that coverage to the folks over at SportsCenter.
Here are some stellar articles on HowTheyPlay that we would like to showcase. These articles exhibit the type of high-quality work we wish to see on the site:
- The Top 10 Differences Between the NFL and the CFL
- Dodgeball Strategy Tips
- Banned: Willie Mays, Mickey Mantle, and the Commish
- The Top 10 Best Football (Soccer) Teams of All Time
A quick note: All of our Network Sites are a blending of professional editing and writers like you.
If you are intrigued by our community and would like to write for HowTheyPlay, we’d love to have you! In order to set up an account to begin writing, please sign up on HubPages. Articles are initially written on our parent platform and then, if they are high enough quality, moved to one of our network sites like HowTheyPlay.